Monday 14 March 2011

euphoria

On a totally unrelated note to anything fashion, I met a hero of mine today but I'm pretty sure I traumatised her with my squealing. I said to myself at the start of this whole thing, "cool your jets, don't make a fool out of yourself (like you did at the Britney Spears and Taylor Swift concerts)." 

You see, this concerning attachment I have with celebrities (whether A-list or downright Australian Z-list, and that's saying something), has been growing exponentially larger as I get older. It was evident when I saw the look on Nigella's face as I asked her out to dinner with me today. I'm pretty sure if I told her that I facebook stalk her children regularly, that would have been the tip of the iceberg and the Po Po would have been in there like no one's business (Po Po = Police, thanks to Ke$ha...or should I say Keh, dollar sign, ha). Budda bump ching.


Here are some photos from my adventure today. Enjoy!

ring: ysl. bracelet: sass&bide
t-shirt: acne. watch: michael kors. oven mit: bed, bath & beyond
she thinks I'm a freak 

Yes, I am wearing an oven mit okay. How else was I going to get Nigella's attention? I'm kind of cringing as I'm writing this post, as I'm thinking back to what I said to her today. You know when you have so much adrenaline running through your body, your hands start shaking, your voice starts stammering and you develop a nervous laughter circa Peter from Family Guy? Well, take that and multiply that by two girls trying to get in as many words as possible into a 15 second time frame whilst getting our books signed. Do you think it would have been too much if I asked her to sign my boob?

It was like word vomit coming out of my mouth. I don't even remember what I said but I'm pretty sure I nervously laughed after asking every single question, then proceeded to ignore her question whilst racking off a few more questions and unfunny jokes. All whilst wearing that red oven mit. 

I'm not proud of what I did today, but look, I got to meet my idol (and most importantly, hug her - although it was more like an awkward jiggle topped off with a tap on the head) and that's what's important to me.

Moral of the story: don't do drugs. Don't tell celebrities you want to have their babies.
Adios!

No comments: